Prudence Island Non-Profit Organization Summer Events Updates
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak many of the island’s annual summer events have been cancelled, postponed or altered. The non-profit organizations of the island need the support of the community now more then ever as they still have bills to pay and may be missing out on some of their biggest fundraising events. Here is a list of the current status of events and fundraisers and some ways to support the island’s organizations as they work through these hard times while continuing to benefit our island community.
Prudence Improvement Association
- Friday Night Bingo is postponed for now and will hopefully be able to return for later this summer or fall. In place of BINGO the PIA is holding a Lucky Numbers 50/50 game with drawings every Friday. For more information on prizes and how to play visit their website, email PIA.email@example.com or call 401-682-2587.
- The PIA is hoping to be able to host Movie Night in some form and will provide an update on this soon.
- The Chowder Cook-off has been cancelled, the PIA hopes to hold an event in its place which adheres to the social distancing guidelines. An update should be coming soon!
- The PYO Craft Fair will be hosted on the PIA lawn with tables spaced apart and social distancing guidelines in place.
- The Members Cruise is still on with a limited number of spaces available. Contact PIA.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Prudence Island Volunteer Fire Department
- The annual Memorial Day Weekend clam boil has been cancelled.
- The typical Fireman’s Fair has been cancelled but the membership is working hard on coming up with a social distancing event to hold in it’s place and hope to have an update soon!
Prudence Conservancy & Farnham Farm Trustees
- Summer Camps will be held under the latest guidelines from the Governors office, an update on availability and dates of summer camps will be coming soon.
- The Community Garden is open.
- Berry picking will be open! Dates and times will be shared when the berries are ready.
- The Ice Cream Social and Harvest Festival are on hold for now until more guidelines are in places for these types of events.
Prudence Island Historical & Preservation Society
- The opening of the PIHPS Museum will be postponed until it is safe to do so.
Homestead Improvement Association
- The annual Ham and Bean Supper has been cancelled.
Prudence Island School Foundation
- Summer camps have been cancelled for 2020.
- The new PISF Cookbook is available! Sales will be on-going throughout the summer at any pop-up events. Orders can also be placed by calling or emailing Cathy Homan at 401-683-0724 or Catlari@aol.com
- Progressive Dinner has been moved to October 3rd.