Prudence Island Non-Profit Organization Summer Events Updates
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak many of the island’s annual summer events have been cancelled, postponed or altered. The non-profit organizations of the island need the support of the community now more then ever as they still have bills to pay and may be missing out on some of their biggest fundraising events. Here is a list of the current status of events and fundraisers and some ways to support the island’s organizations as they work through these hard times while continuing to benefit our island community.
Prudence Improvement Association
- Friday Night Bingo is postponed for now and will hopefully be able to return for later this summer or fall. In place of BINGO the PIA is holding a Lucky Numbers 50/50 game with drawings every Friday. For more information on prizes and how to play visit their website, email PIA.email@example.com or call 401-682-2587.
- The next BINGO Blast will take place on the PIA lawn on August 8th at noon (weather permitting). $50 buy-in to play, you must be 18 or older.
- Movie Night is every Wednesday at 7 PM. Social distancing guidelines will be in place.
- Kids Bingo is every Tuesday from 7 PM to 8 PM. The snack shack will be open with ice cream treats.
- The Members Sunset Cruise has been cancelled for 2020, refunds for those with tickets will be issued shortly.
- The annual meeting for June 20th 2020 has been postponed until the fall, date TBD.
Prudence Island Volunteer Fire Department
- The annual Memorial Day Weekend clam boil has been cancelled.
- The typical Fireman’s Fair has been cancelled but the department will be running a deconstructed fair to raise money for the department. Visit the fair facebook page for more information!
Prudence Conservancy & Farnham Farm Trustees
- The Farnham Farm board has made the difficult decision to cancel summer camps for this season.
- The Community Garden is open.
- Berry picking will be open! Dates and times will be shared when the berries are ready.
- The Ice Cream Social and Harvest Festival are on hold for now until more guidelines are in places for these types of events.
Prudence Island Historical & Preservation Society
- The PIHPS Museum is open! The new hours are Saturday and Sundays from 1-3 pm. The Society will be practicing strict COVID-19 Policies as instructed by the State.
- The PIHPS Annual meeting scheduled for June 27 has been postponed. The Board of Directors are hoping to reschedule sometime in the Fall.
Homestead Improvement Association & Library
- The Prudence Island Library is now open with limited hours. Masks are required.
- The annual Ham and Bean Supper has been cancelled.
- The Library is currently closed but is working on options to open this summer.
- Kids Craft Hour has been cancelled for the summer due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- “The Little PI Library” out by the street in front of the library is open and stocked with books to borrow for all ages. Please return after reading.
Prudence Island School Foundation
- Summer camps have been cancelled for 2020.
- The new PISF Cookbook is available! Sales will be on-going throughout the summer at any pop-up events.
- Cook book orders can also be placed by online on the school’s website by Pay Pal or credit card. Or calling or emailing Cathy Homan at 401-683-0724 or Catlari@aol.com
- Progressive Dinner has been cancelled for 2020.